[gmx-users] 2 questions: pdb2gmx and genbox

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 09:31:55 CET 2007

Hi William,

It may be a good idea to follow the tutorial at:

http://nmr.chem.uu.nl/~tsjerk/MDCourse/

It doesn't take too much time and will give you a fair idea of using
the program, with the options, the file types, etc.

> If you look at the top of the output from pdb2gmx you will see the flags
> and values you actually passed on the command line reported back to you,
> together with any default values that you didn't override. "eiwit.pdb"
> is such a value, although I've no idea why a default structure file
> should be named that.

And Mark, maybe a Dutch course could be of benefit. Eiwit is the Dutch
word for protein ;)
(O, and you're welcome to apply for a post-doc position to allow you
to learn some more Dutch).

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--