[gmx-users] How to check whether installation of GROMACS was correct?

Vladimir Korostelev vladimir.v.korostelev at rambler.ru
Tue Jan 16 10:39:32 CET 2007

Hello

I have installed GROMACS 3.3.1 for the first time and want to check
whether it was done correct or not.

There were no error messages during installation and I wanted to check
whether it's correct or not by typing command:

$./luck

and there was error message something like 'Command not found'

hence it seems that something is still missing and installation went
wrong.

Could you please help with this and tell me how to make sure whether
GROMACS
is really ready for work or not (please, remember I installed it for
first time! and my
question may appear silly for some).

Also I cannot find where is bin subdirectory? it's not in
/home/vladimir/gromacs-3.3.1, so where it should be?

My installation was done in the followinf steps:
I had logged in as a root and installed into my user directory
/home/vladimir
fftw2.15, then I had installed gromacs3.3.1 into
/home/vladimir/gromacs-3.3.1

Many thanks in advance

Vladimir