[gmx-users] about afm !

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue Jan 16 16:14:37 CET 2007

Sending a message again, won't help you, if you don't follow the Marks'
suggestions.
And please, not again a discussion about politeness...;)

This is, what he wrote:

> hi everyone
> >   I need to pull the two parallel monolayers together,the two monolayers
> > are in the x-y plane , so i pull the one along the z direction,but it
> > stay still! i tried several times ,but all failed!
> > i use the
> > [position_restraints ]
> > ¡¡¡¡ 1   1  90000  90000   4000
> >      2   1  90000  90000   4000
> > the 1 and £²¡¡are the atoms in the long molecules that form the
monolayers
> > ,if i decreased the fx,fy,fz,it show core fault and stopped!
> >  the ; Force constants in kJ/(mol*nm2)
> > afm_k1                   = 100000
> >   who can tell me why!

I can't even understand your statement of your problem, never mind
understanding the problem or helping to solve it.

If you want people to give free help, please write clearly, in full
sentences, describing what you wanted to do, what you actually did, what
the error messages actually were, and do all of the above using sensible
characters in sensible fonts.

.

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310