[gmx-users] error while compilation of Gromacs 3.3.1.....

Martin Höfling martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Wed Jan 17 10:55:26 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 11:13 schrieb sharada:

> compilation would go smoothly, however I donot know where is the 'main.c'
> program. If I am right then I would like to do this first,  if you can tell
> me where to look for main.c or is it possible ? with regards
> sharada

main.c is in ./src/gmxlib/main.c at least in svn.
Is there no find on your system? If it is, you can type "find . -name main.c"
in src-root to find it.

On my computer, relevant main.c lines look like this:

#if (defined BUILD_MACHINE && defined BUILD_TIME && defined BUILD_USER)
  fprintf(stdlog,
          "The Gromacs distribution was built %s by\n"
          "%s (%s)\n\n\n",BUILD_TIME,BUILD_USER,BUILD_MACHINE);
#endif

Maybe your compiler breaks down the lines instead of interpreting the two " "
as one. For me this part looks like perfect c-code but i am not sure
if "strA""strB" as "strAstrB" is ANSI compliant. You could try to ask on the
gromacs developer list if there's anyone who could explain or reproduce that
error.

Cheers
	Martin

P.S.: By the way sharada, i am just a diploma student working on his thesis
and don't have "Dr." (i hope I will get one in future ;-) ). On lists like
this, i think it's ok for most people to address them just with their first
names.