[gmx-users] Error while compilation of Gromacs3.3.1.....in SGI Octane

sharada sharada at ccmb.res.in
Wed Jan 17 12:43:44 CET 2007

Dear  gmx_users
In particular to Dr.B.Nataraj
(I am doing this as I donot have his email address)
I have found the program 'main.c'  in gmxlib folder and I corrected the lines 247 in main.c  I could  compile further  then I got 4 errors  in 'gmx_fftw_fftw3.c ' about ' pc += 8; ...../
when I looked in the gmx_users list I found a similar thread of mails written by Dr. B.Nataraj around April 2006 who I presume had a similar problem in installing the package on SGI, and accordingly I went about correcting the errors as they occured . However now I have got around 20 errors in the program 'gmx_chi.c' for which there are no corrections and and the thread is stopped on this problem. I would like to know how he could solve the problem of installation of gromacs 3.3.1 on the SGI IRIX after that. Whether the problem got solved or not ? I would like to request him to give me some suggestions in this regard.  I  am desperate in installing it on SGI using MIPSpro compilers (cc) before I switch over to gcc as this would take time.
Thanks in advance
Sharada