[gmx-users] MD Error after adding a unnatural amio acid

yuemin liu liucan1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 22:41:52 CET 2007

Hi Tsjerk Wassenaar,

I am trying to build a protein with a non-standard
amino acid by adding (covalent bond, this is what I
mean by linkage ) a bulky group (163 atoms) to the
side chain of an existing natural amino acid of wild
type protein. Energy minimization of the modified
protein had been performed in gas phase and solvent.
The solvent and whole system were also minimized and
equilibrated at different temperatures before MD
simulation. During MD, either the covalent I build or
its neighboring one got broken, and the simulation
terminated. Minimizations could not had been done if
building block is a problem, right? Following is the
line in my mdp file:
tc-grps                  = Protein_A ASO_A ASO_B SOL
NA CL

Thanks,

Liu, Yuemin