[gmx-users] problem regarding dssp

sangeeta sangeeta at bic.boseinst.ernet.in
Thu Jan 25 13:32:09 CET 2007

Dear Tsjerk,

      Previously I send you the intermediate files which are the output of
DSSP,as per your request, I think I should submit the input files also, so
here I am attaching the .mdp and .xtc files, the command I used was
do_dssp -s md.tpr -f traj.xtc.I want to get the particular type of plot of
secondary structural elements over time as stated in the manual.I
downloaded  DSSP from the link

http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/gv/dssp/
and according to the instruction unpacked by using the command  "unzip
dsspcmbi.zip  ", the dssp program by itself ran successfully with the typed
command

"dsspcmbi PDBSourcefile DSSPDestinationfile  ", and I could view the
destination file with all the structural informations. But when I tried to
correlate with Gromacs by using  "do_dssp -s md.tpr -f traj.xtc" the
intermediate files are only produced.I understand that something is going
wrong but can not detect it, please help.Thanks in advence.

regards
Sangeeta Kundu
Junior Research Fellow
Bose Institute, Kolkata