[gmx-users] remd and nmr

andrea spitaleri spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it
Fri Jan 26 12:22:11 CET 2007

Hi all,
I am trying to perform a REMD simulation on a small cyclic peptide (7 aa). I have calculated a
plausible structure by cns using NOEs data leading to 4 clusters with a cutoff of 0.1 nmr and each
of them satisfy the NOEs' restraints. However, since it is a small peptide the NOEs could rise from
an average of interactions between the few aminoacid and therefore the final structure in one of the
existing in solution.
Now, I am wondering whether the "quality" of the starting point given to a REMD simulation could in
somehow bias the final results. Basically, I am thinking to feed into gromacs one of this structure
(the  best in procheck_nmr) and to see whether the REMD simulation might explore also the other
configurations found by cns and give much more clue on the relative stabilty.

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance

andrea
--