[gmx-users] pdb2gmx not recognizing disulfides

Russell Green russellwgreen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 05:10:06 CEST 2007

Hello Mark,

a) I know for sure that the structure has a given number of disulfide bonds.
I have several other Gromacs simulations where the bonds are present
initially and stay bonded; my current problem has to do with converting this
Amber trajectory to Gromacs format (which I'm doing becuase I'm most
familiar with gromacs tools right now).

b)This structure came from a pdb crystal structure orginally. It was
properly minimized, equilibrated to 300K and simulated in a box of water for
about 10ns.

c) The structure was already minimized.

d) The only usuable structure file from Amber for gromacs conversion is in
the pdb format, which is what I used. I did use a pdb frame from later in
the trajectory but I get the same results.

The structure consists of 4 chains with disulfide bonds in several places
and some between chains. When I use the -merge option, I get problems with
the chains. When I use the -ignh option, all the cysteines are protonated
(which is not what should be happening). If I use the -ss option...nothing
happens.

Sorry for the late reply,
Russell Green