[gmx-users] Regarding conversion of lipid parapeters to Amber format

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 4 07:45:03 CEST 2007

> Dear gmx users,
>                 I would like to use gromacs lipid
> parameters in AMBER8.0 program. Is it posible to
> convet lipid parameters downloaded from Dr.Tieleman
> website to amber format. WOuld anyone has idea how to
> convet pameters.

That's a matter of reading the manuals and understanding the file formats
and then converting the numbers and functions appropriately. You should
also be sure that the resulting force field will be consistent with
whatever you want to do in AMBER - which is almost certainly not true if
you're mixing it with something else.

Anyway, why do you need to use these parameters in that program?