[gmx-users] [Fwd: a question about your reply]

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 17:17:32 CEST 2007

On 7/4/2007 4:56 PM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> Please keep conversations on the list in case others want to contribute,
> and so the outcomes are stored for others to search for.
>
> I thought I answered your current question when I observed that the
> deviations you observe seem normal. The size of these deviations will
> depend on the nature of your system and how much thermal energy is going
> around. Nobody is likely to think anything of a few degrees. The molecular
> mechanics approximation isn't going to reproduce geometries to closer than
> that sort of difference anyway.

You may use all-bonds (bonds and angles) for constrains to reduce
high-frequency motion for bonds, but for torsional, your result is alright.

The inter-atomic interaction in force fields are merely model, which
doesn't necessarily to bear physical meaning. Bond and angle in force
fields may find their counter-parts in quantum mechanics but they are
still different. Torsional is primarily to correct the remaining energy
or to constrain certain structure. Having small fluctuation means that
such correction is working well.