[gmx-users] OpenMosix and Gromacs

Nicolas Sapay nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jul 4 18:55:21 CEST 2007

Thanks for your comments (and sorry for the late answer)

Actually, I was not primarily thinking about using OpenMosix to run
simulation (that would be stupid considering the size of our cluster).
But it could be valuable to have a tool like OpenMosix when you quickly
want to setup a system (i.e. run severla minimization) and don't want to
be bored by the file transfer and the queuing system. If you say that
Gromacs can run successfully with OpenMosix, it's enough for me. I just
didn't want to spend hours to setup the software and realize after that
it can't run.

thanks

Nico