[gmx-users] Request for dihedral PMF test system or complete alanine dipeptide topology file

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 8 10:51:47 CEST 2007

This is not a question.

Previously I posted under this title when I was having difficulty
reproducing alanine dipeptide 2D PMFs for Phi/Psi.

Update: Literature results have been reproduced. My entire problem was
based on having a cis peptide bond for the C-terminal peptide bond in
ALA. After constructing my initial state using pymol, I didn't pay
enough attention to the impropers. After fixing that, everything is as
it should be.

The point of posting this is twofold:
1) I said I would post when I solved the problem.
2) as a reminder to others that this is a good thing to check.

Embarassing? Yes.

A shout out to David Mobly and Vojt?ch Spiwok (on-list) and Jay ponder
(off-list) who were very helpfull.

My original post:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2007-April/027053.html

peptide bond large barrier high barrier