[gmx-users] Less than Graceful

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Jul 9 09:06:35 CEST 2007

Jim Kress wrote:
> Anybody know how to install LessTif (the 'free' Motif clone) and Grace (a
> plotting program) in the ROCKS environment (v4.2.1)?
>
> The Grace developers are less than helpful.  The only response they provide
> is RTFM and ignore the fact that the information I need is NOT IN the F
> Manual.
>
> In addition, there appears to be a bug in LessTif source tarball but the
> LessTif developers have yet to put out a fix, even though they admit they
> have a problem.
>
> Unfortunately, I need Grace since it is the only graphics program supported
> by gromacs (my primary MD code) and the $$$ Motif/ OpenMotif situation is
> incomprehensible at this time so I have to use LessTif.
>
> So, any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
apart from the previous comments about alternatives, my rocks 4.1 comes
with openmotif pre-compiled, although not likely installed. Check
/export/home/install/ftp.rocksclusters.org/pub/rocks/rocks-4.1/rocks-dist/rolls/os/4.1/x86_64/RedHat/RPMS/
you may need to replace version and CPU arch.

> Jim Kress

David van der Spoel, Ph.D.