[gmx-users] Less than Graceful

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Jul 9 16:47:58 CEST 2007

Jim Kress a écrit :
> Anybody know how to install LessTif (the 'free' Motif clone) and Grace (a
> plotting program) in the ROCKS environment (v4.2.1)?
>
> The Grace developers are less than helpful.  The only response they provide
> is RTFM and ignore the fact that the information I need is NOT IN the F
> Manual.
>
> In addition, there appears to be a bug in LessTif source tarball but the
> LessTif developers have yet to put out a fix, even though they admit they
> have a problem.
>
> Unfortunately, I need Grace since it is the only graphics program supported
> by gromacs (my primary MD code) and the $$$ Motif/ OpenMotif situation is
> incomprehensible at this time so I have to use LessTif.
>
> So, any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jim Kress

I think you don't need to bother about recompiling it yourself (from
memory, you need to explicilty provide the motif/lesstif path with -I
and -L), since packages are available for redhat/fedora, as you can see
on rpmfind:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=grace

You can find it on fedora extras.
As a sidenote, you'll also find it precompiled on Mandriva, in the
contrib section.

Cheers,
Stéphane

--