[gmx-users] Re: Calculations of area per lipid using g_sas

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Mon Jul 9 20:20:44 CEST 2007

Dear Mark,

I just measured the projected XY-area (simply XY-size of box), and used
typical periodic boundary condition (In g_sas, default considers PBC).
In the small system (128 lipid bilayer), there is no undulation, so
projected area per lipid may be almost the same as non-projected area
per lipid.  So, total solvent accessible surface area (the third
column) should be always larger than the projected XY-area, but I
observed that total SASA become smaller than the projected XY-area at
some point. Could you give me some suggestions?

best,
Hwankyu.