[gmx-users] free energy calculation and constraint distance?

bmmothan at ucalgary.ca bmmothan at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jul 16 17:55:35 CEST 2007

Hello,

What I want to do is calculate the free energy difference of pulling the
ligand away from the receptor. I want to do it using theromdynamic
intergration using the Lamda 0/1 stuff. I am just not clear of the
procedure of how to do it.

I want to constraint several distances between the ligand and the receptor
and then  increase that distance for state B(lamda=1)where the ligand and
receptor are completely separated. For that, I would have to modify my
topology where i define [ constraints ] for the distances i want to
constrain between the ligand and the receptor and input the bond length
for state A(lamda=0) and state B (lamda=1) for each.

will the distances defined move the whole ligand away from the receptor?
since am only defining several distances between ligand and receptor only.

I want to make sure that my procedure above is correct for thermodynamic
integeration.

hope this clearifies what I am trying to say.

Belquis