[gmx-users] a) rlist vs rvdw/rcoulomb size confusion, and b) reduced units

TJ Piggot t.piggot at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 19:07:32 CEST 2007

If i understand correctly then rlist is the short range cutoff inside which
the forces on the atoms are calculated every step (and the neighbour list is
updated every nstlist steps).
If you specify a value of rvdw or rcoulomb larger than rlist then the
forces on the atoms between rlist and rvdw/rcoulomb are re-calculated only
every
nstlist steps (and again the neighbour list is updated every nstlist
steps). However it does not make sense to do this for rcoulomb when using
PME because if you did this then forces inside rlist and outside rcoulomb
would be updated every step but for outside rlist and inside rcoulomb only
updated every nstlist steps, so for PME rcoulomb should equal rlist.

I think this is correct but i am sure someone will tell me if it is not.

Tom

--On Monday, July 16, 2007 06:56:41 -0400 Frankie Montenegro