[gmx-users] search page does not return mailing list posts after mid april 2007

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Jul 21 21:19:32 CEST 2007

The search engine for the mailing list does not currently index posts
after some time in May 2007. Perhaps there is a cron.php job that
previously indexed the site automatically but that this job has not
been run since some time in may? Perhaps related to the hacker issue?

I discovered this based on a search for "voronoi" not returning this link:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2007-June/027914.html

I then tested with:
van der Spoel 2007 april -- 5 hits
van der Spoel 2007 may   -- 43 hits
van der Spoel 2007 june  -- zero hits
van der Spoel 2007 july  -- zero hits

But there are clearly more than 5 posts that should match in april
2007 by going to the archive. I believe this is because there are only
5 posts that happen to have some link to a post in april in the body
of the text. Therefore I then did this test:

1st in archive for april: "Running GROMACS in PBS" search (without the
quotes) returns that hit

1st complex name in archive for may: "Can I add extra LJ and
electrostatic interactions for 1-2 or 1-3 interactions" search
(without the quotes) returns that hit

1st in archive for june: "about CNT simulation" search (without the
quotes) does NOT return that hit

1st in archive for july: "pdb2gmx not recognizing disulfides" search
(without the quotes) does NOT return that hit