[gmx-users] Reading xtc in fortran-90

Semen Esilevsky yesint4 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 11:03:34 CEST 2007

Dear gmx users,
There was a lot of messages about reading xtc files from fortran programs, however I could not find the clear answer how to link fortran-90 programs with the xtc routines.
The example code given in the manual does not work because the library -lxtcf  is not there. I've also tryed to use the fortran routines from the concoord package (as it was suggested by David van der Spoel), but it says "incompatible libxdrf_lnx.a". I suspect that this is because this library was made for g77 and I'm using gfortran.
Could somebody give me clear explanation how to link xtc routines with fortran-90 program? Which libraries should I use and where are they located?
As far as I understand there is no "pure fortran" implementation of the xtc-reading routines, but if one exists, could somebody point me to it?

Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Semen