[gmx-users] number of coordinates in coordinate file does not match topology

Christopher Stiles CS145331 at albany.edu
Mon Jul 23 18:07:42 CEST 2007

I have already asked about this but I think maybe I did not give enough
information so I made the following page:

http://cs86.com/CNSE/SWNT.htm

It outlines every step I have taken and where I am stuck is at the end with
grompp when it spits out the following error:

****************************

Fatal error:

number of coordinates in coordinate file (SWNT_6_6_144_b4em.gro, 699)

             does not match topology (SWNT_6_6_144.top, 0)

 also it updates the SWNT_6_6_144.top file to:
<http://cs86.com/CNSE/files/SWNT_6_6_144_post_grommp.top> SWNT_6_6_144.top
I have looked through both the *.gro and *.top files and I can not find
anything wrong with them; maybe one of you will have better luck.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

~Christopher Stiles
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE)
State University of New York, Albany, New York 12203, USA