[gmx-users] Parallel Gromacs Benchmarking with Opteron Dual-Core & Gigabit Ethernet

Kazem Jahanbakhsh jahanbakhsh at ee.sharif.edu
Tue Jul 24 10:06:21 CEST 2007

Dear Erik,

> Remember - compared to the benchmark numbers at www.gromacs.org, your
> bandwidth is 1/4 and the latency 4 times higher, since you have four
> cores sharing a single network connection.

I agree with you about the GbE sharing between 4 cores degardes the
performance. Fortunately, every Cluster node has two GbE ports. I
want to know, can I configure lamd in such a manner that every processor
on every node (with two cores) uses one of these ports for its
communication purposes? And if this is possible, could you please give me
some hints or guidance to start this configuration on the cluster?
And finally, can you expect any scalability improvements by taking this
approach?

regards,
Kazem

believed to be clean.