[gmx-users] Re: Carbon Nanotube Simulation Issues

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 17:05:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

I missed one dash in the front. So it should be

include = -IffG43b1.n2t

The problem you had was because of improper usage of include, for every item to be put in include=, you shall prefix -I in the front. Since you have not put it, cpp couldn't finish parsing the topology file, so your topology contains nothing.

ffG43b1.n2t is not necessary for grompp.

You shall include spc.itp in your topology file to include the topology for water. So your file header shall be like

#include "ffG43b1.itp"
#include "spc.itp"

Last and most important, the line you added to ffgmxbon.itp is useless because you are using GROMOS96 force field.

So you shall change ffG43b1.itp to ffgmx.itp. And add the line
C    C    1   0.14210     478900.

To the end of section [ bondtypes ], not the end of the whole file.

So the command line without -maxwarn can work properly. Note that you shall not use -maxwarn in most cases.
grompp -f mdout_test.mdp -c SWNT_6_6_144_b4em.gro -p SWNT_6_6_144_post_genbox.top -pp

The suffix _s is just what I have specified for my build. You don't need the same setting.

Regards,
Yang Ye