[gmx-users] simulations using structureless surface-2

singh singh at biophysik.chemie.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 26 13:54:44 CEST 2007

Dear gmx users,
my apologies for the previous post. I will try to rephrase my problem.

Is it possible to introduce a plane in a particular direction, for example
in z direction, where molecules interact with it only based on the
perpendicular distance between the molecules and the plane?

Is it also possible to specify the user defined potential for interaction
between the plane and molecules?

The idea is to simulate a surface, for example a graphite surface, but
rather than using a detailed atomistic model for it, I would like to
represent it by using a plane with some interaction potentials.

With Regards,
Gurpreet Singh

University of Dortmund
Department of Chemistry
Physical Chemistry I  -  Biophysical Chemistry
Otto-Hahn Str. 6
D-44227 Dortmund
Germany
Office:   C1-06 room 176