[gmx-users] How Long to Equlibrate?

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.unizh.ch
Thu Jul 26 14:30:56 CEST 2007

Dear Mark,

Unfortunately there's no clear cut answer, and it depends on your
protein, the ensemble and what you'd like to measure. I'd certainly
examine the equilibration of thermodynamic parameters such as pressure,
temperature and energy components and verify that they equilibrate. You
can check the CA or backbone RMSD plot as well, both for values and for
changes. Also, check the literature for the equilibration times other
people have used, which should give you some indication.

Ran.