[gmx-users] box size changed

Nancy Deng jdeng at adrik.bchs.uh.edu
Thu Mar 1 01:13:17 CET 2007

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response and the funny story :)

I indeed want to collect the possible comformation of a certain small
molecule (a little car made of 35 atoms around 15 A in length) by MD. Since
obvious to my understanding that in vacume or in water environment, the
small molecule could behave quite different (i really want to see this
happens :). So, my goal is to compare the difference of the two MD
trajectories ( for example 5 ns or even longer) of the small molecule by
Gromacs. But i am stuck even at the very beginning which i could never reach
either New York or Detroit :(

In the case of no-water simulation, the box without water was generated by
"editconf" but not followed by "genbox" to avoid water filling in.
The other box was consequently generated by "genbox" to contain 370 SPC
water molecules. During the equilibration stage, the water particles seems
prefer to roam away  from the originally centered small molecule, which i
guess the reason to increase the overall size of the box...

Not sure whether this provides some useful input to help me out of the
trouble :)

thanks!!!!

Nancy