[gmx-users] Inconsistent shifts using multiple bonds type 6

TJ Piggot t.piggot at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 6 01:22:00 CET 2007

Hi Mark thanks for your reply,

I'm not sure the problem is that these restraints are inappropriate, but
the problem might be the sheer number. For example if i restrain a fairly
large number of atom distances (say 100 Calpha distances) to the same
length they are in the structure after minimisation and position restrained
MD then mdrun still crashes, even if i use a very weak force for the
restraint.

I have also been playing round trying to fix the problem and have noticed
from the mailing list that inconsistent shifts are seen when people are
using infinite systems and have not set pbc=full. I know i am not using the
kind of system but setting pbc=full does not result these problems that i
see when i use pbc=xyz. Is pbc=full reasonable to use for production runs
and does anyone know roughly how much slower it is (time is quite important
as i have a large system)

Thanks again

Tom