[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 11

Warner Yuen wyuen at apple.com
Tue Mar 6 18:24:56 CET 2007

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the tips, but I still can't get it to find MKL. Although I
did get the CPPFLAGS to work once I realized that I had inadvertantly
used a "-L" in the line instead of the "-I".

Anyway, it still can't seem to find the MKL libraries, I've tried all
of the following:

export LDFLAGS=-L/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/
universal/lib
export LDFLAGS=-L/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/
em64t/lib
export LDFLAGS=-L/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/32/
lib

but I get the following:

configure: Using built-in math library with intel compiler
checking for mkl_dfti.h... yes
checking for DftiComputeForward in -lmkl... no
configure: error: Cannot find Intel Math Kernel Library >= 6.0

Where is it looking for MKL by default? Maybe I can just create
symlinks to that location?

Warner Yuen
Scientific Computing Consultant
Apple Computer