[gmx-users] vacuum right but melt collapse

kitty ji jiqing at iccas.ac.cn
Thu Mar 8 06:17:56 CET 2007

Tsjerk Wassenaar, thank you very much for you suggestion even if most of them have been manipulated.

"Write out the energies at every step and check which of the energy
contributions goes astray. This may give you a good clue to where
you're mistake is. Also, run through the topology again, by hand,
checking all bonds, angles, dihedrals, exclusion (implicit ones!),
etc."

when the explosion happened, the energy of bond, angle and potential will were increase. And the topology has been checked several times.

Now I increase the cutoff of VDW & Coulomb from 0.9 to 1.5. The system looks ok from last night to this time. If the problem is fixed, I conclude that cutoff 0.9 is not enough for electric system.

Hope this conclusion is helpful for GMX users.

Message: 2
Write out the energies at every step and check which of the energy
contributions goes astray. This may give you a good clue to where
you're mistake is. Also, run through the topology again, by hand,
checking all bonds, angles, dihedrals, exclusion (implicit ones!),
etc.

Good luck,

Tsjerk

--