[gmx-users] peptide out of box

Olivier Perin operin at pasteur.fr
Tue Mar 13 08:34:26 CET 2007

Hi,

4ns becomes a long dynamic simulation. Sometimes during such a
simulation, the system moves such a way that it "seems" to get out of
the water box.

In order to prevent this phenomen, you can use one parameter normally
used during a simulation in vaccum:

nstcomm             = 500         ;

You can add this line to your mdp file before the grompp step. This is
the frequency for center of mass motion removal.

About the 2.2nm: if it is the real size of your box, I agree with the
answer of Mark, the box is probably to short. But if it's your "-d"
parameter for editconf, it is largely sufficient.

Good Luck

Olivier

--
Olivier PERIN - Institut Pasteur