[gmx-users] freezing/position restraints and minimization

Robert Johnson bobjohnson1981 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:20:18 CET 2007

If they are at the carbon-carbon bond distance, then their van der
Waals radii will be overlapping and the force between them is huge.
You can turn off this interaction with energygrp_excl = atom1 atom2
(with atom1 and atom2 defined in your index file).

I'm not sure why your atoms would be moving when you are using freeze
groups. In my experience, the positions of the atoms in the freeze
group have remained completely fixed.
Bob