[gmx-users] freezing/position restraints and minimization

Jeroen van Bemmelen J.J.M.vanBemmelen at tnw.tudelft.nl
Sat Mar 17 12:50:04 CET 2007

Hmm, interesting...

And what about the -DFLEXIBLE definition in your mdp file during
steepest descent minimization? Do you know if that will also deform
your (SPC) water molecules? And will that deformation be corrected
again during the first equilibration step(s)?

I ask this, because I read on severel places (e.g. the online mdp
options manual and in one of the tutorials) that you could use the -
DFLEXIBLE definition to "allow steepest descent to minimize further".
So I've used it for most of my minimizations up til now, assuming
that was the right thing to do.

Thanks,
Jeroen