[gmx-users] CVS version

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Tue Mar 20 19:31:39 CET 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 6:05 PM, David van der Spoel wrote:

> Also, please beware that this is  a development version and check
> you results.

This cannot be stressed enough. CVS _will_ periodically break things,
sometimes in horrible ways. The only requirement we have of the head
branch is really that it should compile. For reference, most people
in my lab use release-3-3 for production-level simulations.

However, if you consider yourself an advanced user, by all means try
it. The first thing to do *every time you updated the cvs version* is
to check that you are getting qualitatively identical results to your
old simulations for the system you're working with. We do not
regularly run any regression tests on CVS - it's a moving target.

Cheers,

Erik