[gmx-users] information on Na Channels in lipid bilayers ?

Pär Bjelkmar bjelkmar at cbr.su.se
Thu Mar 22 13:46:41 CET 2007

Hi Sridhara,

One fairly recent paper (about a year old) on the structure of a Na+/K+
conducting channel is: Shi, Ye, Alam, Chen & Jiang, Nature 440
(23):570-4.

/Pär

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 12:00 +0100, gmx-users-request at gromacs.org wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:11:15 -0400
> From: "Viswanadham Sridhara" <muta.mestri at gmail.com>
> Subject: [gmx-users] information on Na Channels in lipid bilayers ?
> To: "GROMACS list" <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I tried looking to find papers / information on any sodium channels
> embedded in bilayers. It would be great if someone can direct me
> regarding this.
>
> I could find information on potassium channels embedded in lipid
> bilayers. Ofcourse, I could also find lot of information on sodium
> permeability in Alamethicin and Gramicidin A. But, not much help with
> sodium channels.....
>
> Looking forward to your response.
>
> Regards,
> Viswam.
>
> --
> Viswanadham Sridhara,
> Research Assistant,
> Old Dominion University,
> Norfolk, Va-23529.
Pär Bjelkmar            Stockholm Center for Biomembrane Research
Tel: +46-8-16 2746      Dep of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Fax: +46-8-15 3679      Stockholm University
bjelkmar at cbr.su.se      10691 Stockholm, Sweden