[gmx-users] Counter ion and PME

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Fri Mar 23 17:26:40 CET 2007

Hi,

Gromacs correctly accounts for both charge and dipole corrections,
but as David says that is just the mathematical part of the problem.

A decade ago it was a pain to equilibrate ions in the system, but
today it's fairly straightforward with an equilibration of 5-10ns. I
can only speak for myself (well, and my students I guess :-), but we
always use neutralizing ions rather than relying on the charge
correction.

Cheers,

Erik