[gmx-users] gramicidin A

pragya chohan pragyachohan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:33:58 CET 2007

hi
I was trying to run pdb2gmx command for gramicidin and noticed it has some D-amino acids. Reading the earlier mail wjich states that:
It's not too difficult to add a new residue to the topology database.
Have a look in the file ff.rtp, where  is the force field
you are using.

You can probably copy most parts from a standard amino acid that is
similar to your new one. There are three parts for each residue:

[atoms]
This section maps names found in the pdb file (col 1) to atom types (col
2), charge (col 3) and charge groups (col 4). Try to have neutral charge
groups.

[bonds]
Just define the connectivity in the residue. Names prepended with a dash
("-") refer to atoms in the next residue, if present.

[impropers]
Define the improper dihedrals needed to maintain chirality of the molecule.

That's it - everything else like angles, normal dihedrals, and the
actual parameters will be generated by pdb2gmx.

I generated .itp from prodrg server and included the above stated things in .rtp file. But again when i ran pdb2gmx i got the same error..
Residue 'DLE' not found in residue topology database.

What should i do? if anyone has topology file for gramicidin please send me

Thanks in advance