[gmx-users] Installation problem:gcc-g77

Panichakorn Jaiyong nuch_nicha at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 08:18:13 CET 2007

Hi,
I just have a fresh install FC7 (instead of FC5). Gromacs requires the lam package as a Prerequisite, but it cannot be installed successfully due to a dependency of gcc-g77.
I completely  installed gcc and gcc-c++. According to my architecture FC, the gcc-fortran-4.1.2-27.fc7.i386 would be installed.  I think  that gcc-fortran should be as same  as gcc-g77, but it does not. It still require gcc-g77 for the installation of lam package.

How should I resolve?
Thank you in advance.
Nuch

http://mail.yahoo.com