[gmx-users] gmx 3.3.2 explodes with libc.so.6

Bruce Milne bfmilne at ff.up.pt
Fri Nov 9 11:47:16 CET 2007

Dear Li Qiang,

>> it seems another guy get the same error(cannot pass gmxtest with
>> rb1/acetonitrilRF) as me. and it sounds like the compatible problem
>> between GROMACS 3.3.2 and and UBUNTU 7.10. Both are rather new.
>>
>> Herein I just suggest and hope others may help to install 3.3.2 on new
>> ubuntu 7.10 to confirm the problem.

I have just installed 3.3.2 on my (64-bit) Ubuntu 7.10 machine
(dual-core Athlon64 4000+, 2GB RAM) and run the serial tests. All the
single and double precision tests passed with and without assembly loop
optimizations so I guess it's not simply Ubuntu 7.10 that is to blame
(unless what you are seeing is a 32-bit distribution-specific problem?).

Cheers,

Bruce

--
"Hamewith - the road that's never dreary"

Dr. Bruce F. Milne
CEQOFFUP
Faculdade de Farmácia
Universidade do Porto