[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 49

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Wed Nov 14 10:11:39 CET 2007

What you want to do, a dynamic updating of the QM atoms is not
implemented yet.
The difficulty with such scheme is energy conservation and force
conservation when translocating an atom from the MM into the QM region
and vice versa.
This is a difficult problem. However, there soluitons, see for instance
Heyden, Lin and Truhlar (J. Phys. Chem. B 2007, 111, 2231-2241).
Therefore, if such a dynamic partitioning is essential for your
research, you could implement their ideas into gromacs.

Gerrit