[gmx-users] high pressure simulations

Andrés N. McCarthy amccarthy at iflysib.unlp.edu.ar
Thu Nov 15 14:20:25 CET 2007

Hi Mateusz,
IMHO the berendsen Berendsen barostat is a better option to avoid introducing
important oscillations in pressure.
For an alternatives on how to proceed with pressure scaling and equilibrating
you might find useful to read through some of the following recent
publications on the subject:

Effect of pressure on the conformation of proteins. A molecular dynamics
simulation of lysozyme
Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
Volume 24, Issue 4 , January 2006, Pages 254-261

Pressure denaturation of Apomyoglobin. A molecular dynamics simulation study.
Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins & Proteomics
Volume 1764, Issue 3 , March 2006, Pages 506-515

Cheers,

Andrés

--

Dr. Andrés N. McCarthy
Instituto de Física de Líquidos y Sistemas Biológicos
e-mail:     amccarthy at iflysib.unlp.edu.ar
web site:   www.iflysib.unlp.edu.ar