[gmx-users] water in lipid bilayer

N-J.M. Macaluso njmm2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 19 12:23:13 CET 2007

Thanks for your response,

I'm sorry, but I didn't find any text on the "membrane simulation" page on
the wiki. What I meant by constraining waters in the z-direction is that at
the start of the simulation, I constrained waters in the z-direction so
that they wouldn't fall into the gap between the protein and membrane. In
my case, the gap was large enough that some waters made their way in. I'm
just wondering what I could do to make sure that the lipids aggregate
around the protein properly. Should I manually delete these waters, or will
the waters eventually make their way out during the course of the
simulation.

Many thanks,

Max