[gmx-users] MPI configure "cannot compute sizeof (int)"

Chris Borchert cbborchert at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 15:22:13 CET 2007

Thanks Mark. OK I'll concede that the Cray XT3 is a strange bird -- "cc" and "ftn" build a binary for the compute pool only. That binary (serial or parallel) will not run on the front-end but only on the back-end with a "yod" to push it back there. If it checked the size of an int with $CC then it would work, but since it's building with $MPICC it needs a yod to run it. BTW, the serial version of GROMACS builds fine. So should I make $MPICC = $CC for the configure and then modify the Makefile(s) manually?

Thanks,
Chris