[gmx-users] how to get basic trajectory information out trjcat

maria goranovic mariagoranovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:25:03 CET 2007

Hi,

Is there a utility which can output basic trajectory information like:

- number of frames
- frequency of frame writing

I tried using trjcat on my trajectory which is 27 frames, each frame
written every 2 ps.
% trjcat -f temp.trr

This is the output that I get
################################
Summary of files and start times used:
          File                Start time       Time step
                 temp.trr        0.000 ps        2.000 ps

Back Off! I just backed up trajout.xtc to ./#trajout.xtc.1#
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
lasttime -12345
Continue writing frames from temp.trr t=0 ps, frame=0
Reading frame      20 time   40.000    ->  frame     20 time   40.000 ps
Last frame written was 27, time 54.000004 ps

Questions:

1. Why does the last but one line in the output read the way it does ?
2. how can i prevent an output, and get only trajectory information ?

Thank you

-Maria

--
Maria G.