[gmx-users] problems with gromacs tools under certain compilations

Grace Li fullofgrace88 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:08:59 CET 2007

Hi Gromacs users:

I was wondering if anyone has ran into the type of a problem where, you're
running a gromacs analysis tool, for example g_dist

g_dist -f traj.xtc -s traj.tpr -n index

and half way through reading frames, it just stops and hangs and does not do
anything at all.

I have ran into this problem for several gromacs analysis programs already.

I've tried both Gromacs 3.3.1 from Kubuntu 6.10 repository and I've compiled
Gromacs 3.3.1 from source
My system is a Intel Core 2 Duo, running on Kubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) 32 bit
version

any help is appreciated.

 thanks alot,

Grace