[gmx-users] Double precision test failure

Chris Snook snookc at musc.edu
Thu Nov 29 15:34:23 CET 2007

I am trying to use gromacs on a Mac OS X 10.4.11 with an Intel 2.16GHz Core 2
Duo processor.

I have downloaded and installed the v 3.3.2 binaries of gromacs for this OS and
run the test program. The single precision tests run OK. But the double
precision tests completely fail with the following output (partial):

No topol.tpr file in angles1. grompp failed
FAILED. Check files in angles1
No topol.tpr file in angles125. grompp failed
FAILED. Check files in angles125
No topol.tpr file in bham. grompp failed
FAILED. Check files in bham
etc
No topol.tpr file in kernel334. grompp failed
FAILED. Check files in kernel334
63 out of 63 kernel tests FAILED
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at ./gmxtest.pl line 353.
etc

I've checked the archives and the manual and haven't seen anything relevant to
this. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris