[gmx-users] rtp file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 29 21:29:28 CET 2007

Quoting özge kül <ozgekul8233 at yahoo.com>:

> Thank you Justin A. Lemkul for your interest of my question.I looked at my
> 4htc.pdb file but I saw that LPD1 MET11.I don't understand why it ends with
> that fatal error.I thougth that my pdb structure had wrong structure and then
> I looked it up in the sybyl program.I saw LPD1 lone pair there.Anyone has an
> idea?

The program ends in a fatal error because there is in fact no atom called LPD1
within a methionine residue, as far as the force field (and most standard
nomenclature) is concerned.  Read the error message: "atom LPD1 not found."  If
LPD1 is a lone pair, as you claim, than it is obviously not an atom, and hence
why pdb2gmx is complaining.  Is this residue something you modified in Sybyl?
Because I can't find anything in 4htc.pdb that says LPD1.

-Justin