[gmx-users] Re: getting a good .gro file from a pdb file while thetopology is ready

Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 4 01:46:54 CEST 2007

In message <1191454900.470428b4c19a5 at webmail.vt.edu> (on 3 October 2007
19:41:40 -0400), jalemkul at vt.edu (Justin A. Lemkul) wrote:
>You can use editconf to directly convert a .pdb file into .gro format.

Good point.

>-Justin
>
>Quoting maria goranovic <mariagoranovic at gmail.com>:
>
>>  Thank you all for the replies and help.

Quite welcome; hope my reply was at least slightly helpful...

>> The main reason I was messing with
>> pdb2gmx, editconf and genbox was mainly to convert my pdb into a nice .gro
>> format file, which I could input into grompp. I understand grompp can take a
>> pdb file for input as well. Does it not need any "box" information, like the
>> box type, or the dimensions ? If it can infer these directly from the pdb,
>> or these details can be specified in the .mdp file then my problems are
>> solved.

With regard to the box, that you are dealing with a planar system might,
again, make a difference here; this is not my area, however.

       -Allen

--
Allen Smith                       http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
February 1, 2003                               Space Shuttle Columbia