[gmx-users] remove periodic boundary in tpr file

tangxuan tangxuan82 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:38:23 CEST 2007

I try to remove the periodicity to get a new .xtc file and one .gro
file. The commands are shown below:
"trjconv -f original.xtc -s original.tpr -n index -o frame_0.gro -dump 0
-pbc nojump"

 "trjconv -f original.xtc -s original.tpr -n index -o new.xtc  -pbc
nojump"
When I use g_rms to calculate the rmsd by new .xtc and .gro file, there
is a warning and other things goes well. Command i used is "g_rms -f
new.xtc -s frame_0.gro -o  rmsd.xvg" and the warning is "can not make
broken molecules whole without a run input file,don't worry, mdrun
doesn't write broken molecules". I think i have removed the boundary,
and why it says there is an broken protein?

Thanks.

Jiaowei Tang