[gmx-users] 3.3.2 Error when using the mpi option

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Tue Oct 9 19:01:34 CEST 2007

Hi,
On Oct 9, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Triguero, Luciano O wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile version 3.3.2 in the parallel mode. I use
> the following options to configure:
>
> ./configure --prefix=dir --disable-float -enable-mpi
>
> and receive the following error message:
>
> checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)
>
> Note: The non parallel version compiles without errors.
>
> Any help?
>
> Luciano

Well, even if you probably don't appreciate it right now it's a very
good thing (TM). Gromacs tries to use your default MPI compilers
(typically mpicc, but you can set it in the variable MPICC), but for
some reason it isn't even possible to compile a small program to
check the size of an integer.

Check config.log and try to find out what's wrong with your MPI-
enabled compiler.

Cheers,

Erik