[gmx-users] simulating hydrocarbons in water

Adam Fraser adam.n.fraser at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:16:50 CEST 2007

Ah, okay thanks very much!  I thought-sure I had the most recent version,
but apparently not.  Still there's one quirk...

x2top -f HexA.gro -o HexA.top -r HexA.rtp -alldih
...This works to generate a topology file, but still, the program is
seg-faulting before writing out the residue type file (*.rtp).

I'm not yet sure if I can get by without the .rtp since hexadecane (C16)
won't likely be a recognized residue type.

Any ideas why this is seg-faulting or how I can get around the fact that
restype (C16) won't be recognized?

Thanks so much,
-Adam